New Student Paperwork
Welcome to Key Center School!
Once placement is determined through an IEP team discussion, the forms below will need to be completed prior to the student starting classes at Key Center.
Key Center Mission Statement
Key Center School will set high expectations, create opportunities, and expect success for our students.
Key Center School creates an educational climate where diversity and individuality are celebrated and respected. It is an environment where all staff continually strive to maximize the potential of each student through increasingly higher expectations.
Key Center Core Values/ Beliefs
- To build relationships upon the unique differences of our staff, students, and families; and to create a dynamic learning environment.
- All students are capable of learning and deserve and engaging, challenging, and motivating experience.
- Learning occurs at all times and across all domains of a student’s life.
- The staff’s role is to motivate, provide instruction, check for understanding, and continuously assess student needs.
About Key Center School
Key Center School serves students with intellectual disabilities, multiple and severe disabilities, and autism from eastern Fairfax County. We serve approximately 55 students ranging in age from five to twenty-two. Our small size and low student to staff ratio ensure that our students receive considerable individualized attention, and we strive to help each one reach his or her potential.
Required Forms Due
The following forms are required for the beginning of school or when transferring from a previous FCPS public school. Please complete and return at your earliest convenience. They can be completed and returned via e-mail, mail or in person.
1. Emergency Care Card: will be printed once the student starts and send home for the parent to sign
3. Animal Assisted Instruction (AAI) - only complete for students new to Key Center
5. SR&R Form